Online Vet Visits in Countryside, IL
At Countryside Veterinary Center, we know being a pet parent can be busy because it’s not the only thing you do! Our goal is to make our high-quality veterinary care as accessible as possible, whether you can make it into the clinic, or not! That’s why we’re offering online vet visits through telemedicine! With this service, you’ll be able to connect directly with your veterinarian from the comfort of your home.
Due to the recent coronavirus pandemic, telemedicine is as important as ever for making sure your pet gets the care they need while still practicing social distancing.
How to Get Started
It’s as easy as one-two-three:
- Call our hospital at (708) 469-6050.
- Let the Client Service Representative know that you would like to have a telemedicine consultation with your pet.
- Pay the telemedicine fee and stay by your phone to await a doctor’s call!
Phone consultations are available Monday – Friday 8am – 7pm; Saturday 8am-3pm; and Sunday 9am-2pm. When you request a consultation, our goal is to connect you with a veterinarian as soon as possible. Our staff may ask a few pertinent questions to gather information prior to the consultation to better prepare the veterinarian.
Situations That Telemedicine is Appropriate
In order to receive the very best care through telemedicine visits, it’s important that we ensure you are a current client whose pet has had a physical exam within the last 12 months. Additionally, due to the digital nature of telemedicine, only some medical issues can be appropriately solved over a video consultation such as:
- Minor symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, or diarrhea
- Some skin conditions or ear infections
- Chronic conditions such as arthritis or allergies
- A change in behavior such as lethargy or scratching themselves more often
- Recheck exams after simple procedures or surgeries
If you believe your pet is experiencing an emergency situation, do not use telemedicine, but call our animal hospital directly at (708) 469-6050!
The Cost of Online Vet Visits
Phone consultations are charged $39 per consultation. Any prescribed medications during the call will be at an additional charge. Additionally, if it is necessary for your pet to come into the office for an appointment, you will still pay the $39, but the cost of the in-office consultation would be at a discounted rate.
Have any further questions or concerns about veterinary telemedicine? Contact us today at (708) 469-6050!